Starting off using 2019 program releases, first Pixel and Pixel XL are equally getting new January security-based upgrades. Despite being multiple years old today, first Pixel smartphones ought to see continuing software support during the year and should likewise be updated to next significant Android revision. Since it’s almost always a fantastic idea to have newest firmware running, we’ve drafted this manual that you may use to upgrade immediately through the guide route.
Pixel, substituting the Nexus lineup, was a fantastic initiative by Google. The first Pixel was not especially popular but as a result of this wonderful camera functionality of this Pixel two, but it actually got deserving grip. As was the case with elderly Nexus telephones, Pixel series will observe a fantastic period of applications support. As previously mentioned, January 2019 firmware particularly, does not bring any substantial changes aside from the brand new security definitions. Now, whether you’re seeking to use our guide to manually upgrade and then bypass the OTA wait or you’re using it to unroot your own Pixel / Pixel XL, do make sure to backup all your information before beginning.
Google Pixel / Pixel XL Android 9.0 Pie January 2019 Factory Image Details
Integrating new safety definitions, fixing bugs and implementing general improvements were the intentions with January 2019 safety upgrade and Google has achieved them very well. Despite carrying no significant change, users should certainly upgrade to January construct to get the most out of their apparatus.
- Root Tutorial: How to Root Pixel on Android 9.0 Pie January 2019 Official Update.
- Install Android Pie: How to Install Android 9.0 Pie on Computer.
- Custom ROMs: For the complete collection of Marshmallow based ROMs for the Pixel, visit our Custom ROMs page.
- This tutorial is only for Google Pixel / Pixel XL and we are not sure if it will work on the other variants of the Pixel on other carriers.
- Your phone can be on any previous Android version or even on a custom ROM. It doesn’t matter at all. This tutorial will still work for installing Android 9.0 Pie.
- Enjoy Android 9.0 Pie on your device and let us know your review about it!
How To Install January Pie on Google Pixel / Pixel XL Factory Image
Step 1 – Download January 2019 Oreo Factory Image for your Pixel or Pixel XL on your PC, if you haven’t already.
- sailfish-pq1a.190105.004-factory-fc5db1d4.zip – Google Pixel
- marlin-pq1a.190105.004-factory-2a6c1b27.zip – Google Pixel XL
Step 2 – Connect your Pixel to your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 – Please make sure Fastboot is configured and properly installed on your computer. How? See here: How to Set Up ADB and Fastboot with Android SDK.
Step 4 – Turn OFF your phone.
Step 5 – Get into the Fastboot/Bootloader Mode on your phone. Turn ON the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons till you see the Fastboot menu and START on top.